Sunday, July 10, 2011

Man Musings: Charlie Day


Last Saturday I saw Horrible Bosses. I've already discussed my love for Jason Bateman in detail.  So you guys know how I'm a sucker for funny men with boyish faces. I also am a big It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Thus, I'm a Charlie Day fan.  He was really funny (I thought) in Horrible Bosses. Adorably ridiculous, as per usual. Here are a few pictures that show why this Julia and Dr. Julia (Jen Aniston) in the movie, are both fans of this guy (or at least his characters).






He can look conventionally handsome too!

As a general rule, I'm against a short man in a hat since I think it emphasizes how close the hat is to the ground, and thus how short the man in between is. But I like this one, I think because it's light colored. But as a plus-size woman who doesn't like (mythical) people saying what I should and should not wear, who am I to begrudge a short man the world of haberdashery? I just will continue to strongly discourage it.


The picture above begs the question, how short is he? There don't seem to be any definitive numbers, the Internet's best guess is like 5'6"-ish. So he's short, comically so, but not the smallest man you'd ever see.  For comparison, here he is with Danny DeVito.


 One of my favorite jokes in Horrible Bosses was his Law & Order riff in the police station. Here he is on Law & Order:


Did I mention he's a triple threat: theatre, dance and music? 




Reality Check:

In real life, he is married to the actress that plays the unattainable Waitress on the show. Comedians, like rockstars, often have disproportionately (physically) attractive partners.

Here's a cameo they both did on Reno 911!:



16 comments:

  1. he looks cute :)
    never seen him acting but i guess i'll check him out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this actor before.. but he looks like he's a funny actor! How did you like Horrible Bosses? Was it any good?

    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed a lot. I hate to make recommendations without knowing someone's taste, but if you like raunchy buddy comedies, you'll like this one. Also, if you like Jennifer Aniston, you must see her as a sex-crazed maniac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up!!

    I just watched Going the Distance this week and loved the movie and him! It was great and that's when I took notice of him.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A guy with a sense of humor like him is definitely hot ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a lot of good things about the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but I've never watched it... And Charlie Day is really good looking!

    Btw, I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog and I would love it if you entered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll check him, he looks very funny !

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is cute! Always love a man that can make me laugh!
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Charlie Day! I saw “The NIghtman Cometh” live and it was so funny. He's my favorite. I love his wife so much too. She was funny in Perfect Couples and then they went and cancelled it. Good choice for Man Candy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, he's adorable! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is the best part of the movie Going The Distance. He's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's hilarious.



    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally fell in love with him after horrible bosses. so glad I came across your blog. I'm following, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 3 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country to LA. The site's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I'd love if if you'd stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Any support would be awesome. Thanks love. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this man so much, specially for his shortness :D!

    And his hilarious sense of humor of course.

    ReplyDelete