Thursday, April 14, 2011

Style Icon: Lucille Bluth


Today I was thinking about how I wanted to start my discussion of Lucille Bluth. I was inspired to put together a couple of outfits, incorporating elements of Lucille's lady-like style in a younger and wearable way.  And yes, I do realize that online shopping for a fictional character is a little silly. That being said, you've already seen how seriously I take the fashion of such a silly group of fictional characters. 


Click through to see the outfits!
The first outfit I created would be ideal for spring and summer in Newport Beach:




Gap:
Smock neck pleated top
Banana Republic:
Sleek suit jacket
Sleek suit skirt
Piperlime:
AK Anne Klein floral pumps
Kenneth Cole Gold Cuff
Betsey Johnson chain link necklace
Tinley Road white flower studs

The above outfit incorporates two recurrent motifs in Lucille's ensembles: florals and costume jewelry. Above I pair a relatively muted skirt suit and conservative blouse with a bright (but still sensible in height) pump and over sized gold tone jewelry. Betsey Johnson does such affordable and fun pieces! The floral from the shoe is repeated in some cute but still substantial floral stud earrings.


Kate Spade

My second ensemble is for fall and winter. The key piece is a plaid Chanel-style jacket from Milly (Yvette Cropped Jacket). . To compliment the jacket, both from Gap, are a blouse with a tie bow neck (very Lucille), tucked into some of-the-moment  high-waisted trousers. Finally a classic patent leather driving moc by Cole Haan is comfortable and polished.  I topped off the outfit with some Kate Spade square green studs to echo the green in the jacket. If I was wearing this outfit, I would have stopped there. However, more is more for Lucille Bluth, so one could also add on a black flower brooch to add some sparkle to the lapel in lieu of a necklace (those great buttons and bow blouse are enough detail at the decolleté).

Another great textured jacket & brooch combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment