Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A few Mexican-inspired looks

Old Navy Maxi Skirt, Target Scarf,  Gap V-neck T
"You're the only person in the world who goes shopping for Cinco de Mayo. Mexican people already have appropriate clothes."
My best friend may be right, but after working on my gringa musings on Cinco de Mayo for tomorrow, I felt like putting together outfit incorporating some bright Mexican inspired colors and prints. I found this lightweight bufanda with an Aztec inspired print at Target and paired it with my favorite white maxi skirt.

 ON Gauze Top, Alloy Skirt (availble in XS-XXXL)
This second outfit is a bit more evening. This Gauze  top comes in a rainbow of colors, I chose the boldest, 'Warm Sunset'.  If you like this blouse, you may also want to check out the Trends We Love section of the site which lots of cute "Mexicali" pieces. Since Cinco de Mayo is an American holiday what's more appropriate than buying something Mexican-inspired manufactured in India at an Old Navy in Vacaville, California? Nada. Nothing is more appropriate.

I also think the outfit looks cute with my summer bag for this season (from The Sak)
The above skirt can also be worn as a dress. I defined the waist with a skinny gold belt (Old Navy) and added my Mom's necklace (Chico's).

No comments:

Post a Comment