Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Met Gala Faves

So in the midst of all the killing Osama news, some of us may have temporarily lost focus on fashion. I did. But then I was reminded that the Met Costume Institute Gala was last night, honoring Alexander McQueen. In case you missed it as well, here are a few pics to catch you up.  I'm not including the ugly or unremarkable gowns, just my faves. You should head on over to E! Online for the whole slideshow to find your own favorites and flops!
I love Jennifer's look here. Some were making fun of the flower shrug and it is over the top, but that's the whole point of this event. Perhaps I've been spending too much time on Lucille Bluth and her floral brooches and am desensitized. Either way, J. Lo has enough of a presence to really wear it.

After the Jump, lots more great gowns!


Hailee Steinfeld in Stella McCartney (Photo: Bill Davila/startraksphoto.com)
I'm not totally sure about this dress, the asymmetrical hem is a little avant garde for my taste, but what I am sure of is that it's exciting to see a talented young actress (check out her Oscar nominated turn in True Grit) in couture!
Kate Hudson in Stella McCartney (Photo: Steven Lovekin/Getty Images)
I think Kate looks like a pregnant mermaid princess! I do love maternity couture.
Madonna in Stella McCartney (Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Film Magic)

Madonna does Old Hollywood so well when she feels like covering up.

Ginnifer Goodwin in Topshop (Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Film Magic)
Iman in Stella McCartney (Photo: Larry Busacca/WireImage)
This jumpsuit is fierce with a capital 'F'! It seems Stella McCartney was my favorite designer for the night with her bold but wearable designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment