Friday, April 8, 2011

Musings: Belly Flops!

Moorea Bikini Bottom
Unfortunate design choice from the generally very savvy Athleta. Perhaps it would be improved if it was a reverse ombré with the green at the bottom? Gap had a similar ruffle problem last season. Of course, in the arena lady parts fashion faux pas, nothing beats this dress.

And in children's swimwear news...


While Athleta's fail was amusing, Abercrombie Kid's 'Ashley' push up bikini tops for girls as young 8 is unconscionable.   On the other hand, I'm not surprised at all. Abercrombie is perpetually in poor taste (to put it mildly)  I headed on over to their girls' swimwear section, where they pulled the top after a failed renaming attempt. Aside from the grown-up style bikinis, I noticed that there were no one pieces or tankinis. Not a one. In this age of skin cancer awareness, that is surprising! As a plus size girl, I may be particularly partial to one piece maillots, however, I think they are important to any girl's (of any age) swim wardrobe.

After the jump, a few suits from Gap Kids & Old Navy that I think are adorable, stylish AND age appropriate:



Gap

Old Navy

Old Navy

Old Navy Peace Sign Tankini

Check out Baby Gap's Breton Rashguard! For the little francophone baby I don't have yet! :

And finally, in boy's swimwear news, I am in love with these baby boys' luchador print swim trunks:

Old Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment