Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Couple Forever 21+ Outfits

I just got my first order from Forever 21 online in the mail this morning. My always thoughtful Aunt got me a gift card for my birthday, so I could "check out the competition". Thanks Magi! Now that I'm a fashion free agent (i.e. no more employee discount), I'm excited to try different online outlets.

Contrast Cap Sleeve Dress

Let's talk online shopping shop. First off, I placed my order with the free shipping option on Thursday evening and it arrived Tuesday morning (it shipped from LA).  So that was impressive. However, the former customer service rep in me would like to remind shoppers to always look at the promised shipping timeframe. If you need an order by a certain date, pay for the shipping that will get it there before your event. Don't expect it to always arrive as quickly as past orders.

I digress. More importantly than the speed, I liked the contents of my order.  A quick note on sizing, which is hard for you to determine from the photos since my dress form is much smaller than I. I ordered the 3X in both the skirt and dress, which means that their 3X is about an 18/20 (obviously not the same as Old Navy's). This also means that if you're a standard XL, their 1X might work for you. The prices were just as cheap as Forever 21's standard line which isn't always the case for plus size (probably since their plus doesn't go as large, the fabric cost doesn't catch up to them). Here are a couple of outfits I put together using my new pieces.

Old Navy Necklace
Layering on all the pearls I could find.
Maxi Crinkle Skirt

No comments:

Post a Comment