Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I didn't need to dress up today, I was just working on my Master's project. I did however, need an excuse to wear this dress before it warms up too much. I love prescriptive holiday dressing (see tag "Holidays"), dressing up in the colors or themes of a holiday. I went for a palate that could best be described as construction paper colors kids use when making Valentines. If I was wearing this dress on a normal day, I would have worn black or gray leggings and boots. However, on Valentines day, grape is a neutral!

Forever 21 Dress / Old Navy Leggings / ModCloth Wedges /
7 Chi Bag from Piperlime / Jessica Simpson Sunglasses from Tuesday Morning




6 comments:

  1. Loving the red and the purple together! You wouldn't think those two colors would mesh, but you look fantastic in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo for Valentines Day! Hope you had an amazing day! :)

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a lovely heart day! Red is your color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this combination, for VDay or any day - you look terrific! Thanks for linking up : >

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite color combos! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not being matchy matchy is definitely more fun. Love the look! Debbie

    ReplyDelete