Monday, October 3, 2011

Stage Style Icon: Gob Bluth

Apparently, Arrested Development is coming back in a very real way. Read all about it over at the NYT's Art Blog. I'm trying to manage my emotions, but I'm pretty psyched. I haven't done a Bluth Style post in a while, so today I've collected some images of Gob in his stage costume. As a performer, Gob understands the necessity of costume both for form and function. Here are a few examples:

From the Pilot Episode, rocking a baby blue suit with pocket square.
Gob's shows are all about movement, and his light suits move with him.

Doing his show at Earl Milford's Nursing Home
Accessorizing with a sword brooch for his "Sword of Destiny" Illusion
On duty with the Hot Cops: "Police! Open up!"
"You mean you can wear stripper clothes when you're not stripping?"

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. love love love this. wonderful post, love. thanks for sharing. I'd love if you check out my latest outfit post. It's all about simplistic drama and one of my ultra favorite fall trends. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Arrested Development but this really makes me want to watch it!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE him, hes great in "up all night" too! geat post!

    ReplyDelete